Making your lipstick last longer is not really a secret, it's basically a combination of quality product choices, prep work, careful application, and a bit of time to make it stick.
Follow these steps to make your lipstick last for hours:
- Exfoliate and moisturize your lips. If you want your lips to look great under lipstick, it's very important to do a bit of prep work. To learn how to do prep work CLICK HERE.
- Outline the outer edge of your lips with wonder pencil to create a barrier and prevent lipstick bleeding. Tap gently with your finger to blend. If you don't have wonder pencil use a tiny bit of any other concealer you have at hand.
- Apply tiny coat of your lipstick shade directly from the bullet to your lips.
- Blot lips with blotting paper (or use tissue paper if you don't have it) to remove any excess color.
- Enhance your lips with lip liner, that matches your lipstick as closely as possible. You should always use lip liner if you are wearing intense color. Skip the liner if you are wearing a sheer lipstick.
- Use a large, fluffy makeup brush to apply a light dusting of translucent powder.
- Finish with another coat of lipstick, using a lip brush for precision, and blend lipstick all the way to the edge of the liner, making sure your lips are covered with lipstick entirely.